Headed to the cabin or camping? Grab a Butcher Block and take Chandlers along as we did on this outing to stunning Stanley Lake!
What is a Butcher Block?
Chandlers Butcher Block is an offering of some of our favorite proteins hand cut, trimmed, and ready-to-cook at home. With the Butcher Block for two, you get the choice of:
- two salads – we’re starting with the steakhouse wedge and a limousine
- two entrées – we have a USDA prime ribeye and the fresh catch (halibut) in papillote
- two side dishes – we choose mac + cheese and the broccolini
- a dessert to share – we’re finishing up with the fromage blanc cheesecake
Why Take A Butcher Block With You?
There are SO many reasons!
- It’s easy – and if you have an oven, it’s even easier but we’re going to show you how to make everything on a grill and over the fire for a true campsite experience.
- It’s convenient – when you’re trying to get out of town, the first night’s dinner might be the last thing on your mind. With the Butcher Block, call ahead and we’ll have it ready for you. Dinner is in the bag!
- It’s plentiful – when we took the Butcher Block camping, there were plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.
- It’s delicious – all the premium ingredients and everything you’ve come to expect from a Chandlers meal.
- When you sit down to your three-course meal, you’ll be the envy of the whole campground!
Let’s Get Cooking!
Get the grill going. In this scenario, we’re using charcoal. While it’s heating, season and bring the ribeye up to temp and open a bottle of wine (pro tip: you can add any bottle of wine on our award-winning list to your Butcher Block for 25% off the list price).
Time to start the sides, which we are doing in a cast iron pan over a wood fire. The mac + cheese gets a head start, covered with foil. Then the broccolini, tossed with a little olive oil, is added to cook through.
Pull the ribeye off the grill and while it’s resting, we’ll put the coals to work for the fish. We added a splash of white wine to the pan for a little extra moisture for the steaming process.
Dinner is served!
Plate up your salads, grab the wine, and your Chandlers three-course dinner is served!
A Sweet Ending to the Story
There’s still plenty of time for dessert before stargazing!
Make sure you view our Google web story for more photos and videos! And start your own Butcher Block story by viewing the menus (à la carte available too) and calling 208.383.4300 to order!